The Words Of Hurt

Love Hurt

The Words Of Hurt
by Johnny Wheeler

What love I built with loving words
I quickly tore apart
Like daggers they have pierced your soul
And hurt your loving heart

In anger I lashed out at you
It wasn't my intent
What others say, and what they do
Has caused this awful bent

My soul is kind, I think you know
The sorrow that I feel
I hurt your heart, there's no excuse
I hope that it can heal

I speak with words so tenderly
But now I look the fool
Words that can inspire love
I used as hurtful tools

You may forgive, and might forget
Because you're kind at heart
But hurting you just haunts me so
Your heart I've torn apart

I'm sorry, please just understand
It tears me up inside
That I would say such words to you
To try to hurt your pride

They say time heals, I hope it's true
My fondest wish to be
That you'll one day forgive my words
And go on loving me



* * *

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a Comment or Caption